Fat Talk Free Week!
The video above is an ad for "Fat Talk Free Week," which begins TODAY! Yay!
Fat Talk Free Week (click link for info) is a week during which you don't "fat talk," that is, you don't say how fat you or other women are, you don't focus on your appearance, or talk about eating or exercising in terms of how they affect your appearance.
Sound easy? It's harder than you think. One of the sentences the ad identifies as "fat talk" is "You look great!" And I did have to stop and think about that one. But really, think about the last time you said that. Did you mean, "wow, you look like you've lost weight!"? Did you mean, "wow, that dress makes you look ten pounds thinner!"? The last time I said it, I meant, "Wow, you look happy! I didn't realize how depressed you've been looking until I saw you looking happy just now!" but almost always before that I meant, "wow, you look like you've lost weight!"
I'm actually pretty good about not fat talking, but I'm very bad about fat thinking, so here are some things I'm not going to do this week:
- pinch up my belly fat and shake it disgustedly
- hang on to those pants I've never worn that are too small for me
- buy that fall jacket I wanted that's too small for me because I'm going to lose the weight ... one of these years.
- stand on my scale.
Here's what I'm going to do instead:
- exercise every day this week, because it makes me feel good.
- make sure those superfoods are in my shopping cart, because they make me feel like I'm taking care of my health.
- fast tonight, so I can go in tomorrow and get those tests done that I've been avoiding. I'm getting blood drawn tomorrow, people! Wild horses and procrastination shall not stop me!
How about you? What are you going to do this week?