Reading Update: Unholy Mess
Okay, I haven't done a reading update at all this year, I think. I'm still doing a lot of re-reading, especially since so many latest installments of my UF series have been coming out and with my CFS memory, I have to reread previous books. So I'm going to leave re-reads out. Here's what I've got so far:
- Touch of the Demon Diana Rowland
- When Lightning Strikes Meg Cabot
- Code Name Cassandra Meg Cabot
- Safe House Meg Cabot
- Sanctuary Meg Cabot
- 1-800-Where-R-You Meg Cabot
- Prophecy Ellen Oh
- The Crown of Embers Rae Carson
- Mountain Echoes C.E. Murphy
- Frost Burned Patricia Briggs
- Midnight Blue Light Special Seanan McGuire
- Altered Jennifer Rush
- The Love Song of Jonny Valentine Teddy Wayne
- Kitty Rocks the House Carrie Vaughn
All UF and YA. I love Meg Cabot series, even though they're pretty lightweight. The Ellen Oh book is a promising new series set in an alternate historical Korea. Altered looks like the first of a series. Not bad, rather fun, but with a bit of an I Am Number Four hit. The Rae Carson is the second in the series, and not nearly as fundie-esque, thank oG. And The Love Song of Jonny Valentine got a review in the NYT Book Review, even though it really should be very good YA. A little too lite for adult fiction, a little too despairing for YA. Everything else is updates of UF series.
I also spent some time in February doing some research reading for my own (stalled, of course) UF series. I'll list the titles here, but none of them were read to the end.
- Nagualism: A Study in Native American Folklore and History Daniel G. Brinton
- Journey to the West Wu Cheng'en
- Various papers I won't detail here cuz I'm bored.
Okay, I'm done with this post.