- Slightly Behind and to the Left: Four Stories & Three Drabbles, Aqueduct Press, 2009.
- Pastelegram, The Extra Earth Analog issue 2014, "Pinball Effect" (short story)
- Stretcher, See|Saw feature, "The Apocalypse Artist" (short story)
- Hyphen, Issue 20, "Abducted by Aliens!"(short story)
- Encyclopedia Vol. 2, “Gravity" (short story)
- Farthing, May 2006, “Untitled” (short story)
- McSweeney’s Issue 14, Early Fall 2004, "Pigs in Space" (short story)
Selected Essays and Articles
- Fusion, "Disney's Live Action Mulan Should Elevate Asian American Men, Too" (article)
- Speculative Fiction 2015: The Year's Best Online Essays, Reviews, and Commentary, "Sense8 and the Failure of Global Imagination" (article)
- Narrative Power: Encounters, Celebrations, Struggles, from Aqueduct Press, "Girl in Landscape: How to Fall into a Useless Narrative Rut and Notions of How to Get Back Out." (essay)
- Chicago Sun-Times, Feb 5, 2006, "The Beige People Can't Save America" (article)
- KQED Writers' Block, 2010, "Pinball Effect"
- Dublit.com, recorded at KSW's APAture September 2008, excerpt from novel-in-progress The Sun
- McSweeney's Field Recordings Vol. 1, March 2008, "Pigs in Space"
- SeeLight: February 2006 – present, personal blog on writing, multiraciality, and various related issues.
- atlas(t): mapping, landscapes, and you: March 2006 – 2010, blog on mapping and taxonomy in a cultural and political context.
- Hyphen: October 2004 – Nov 2005, Nov 2008 – April 2012: contributor to Hyphen magazine's group blog on Asian American politics and culture.
- atlas(t): The Galleon Trade Edition: June 2007 – August 2008, edition of atlas(t) created specifically to address ideas and themes raised by the international artists exchange project Galleon Trade.
- KQED Arts & Culture website: Feb 2008 - July 2009, arts reviews for the East Bay.
- The Nerds of Color: Aug 2013 - present, group blog on people of color perspectives on pop culture, especially geek culture.